A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever - Daily Bible Reflections November 10,2013


HAPPY AND SAD DAY

 
“He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for to him all are alive.” – Luke 20:38
 
My dad would have turned 73 years old yesterday. I can imagine him waking up early to get ready for Mass. He would wear a red polo shirt with his favorite jeans. Over the years, Dad would wear a red top for his birthday because he says it’s a color for celebration. In church, he would sit at the left side, the area beside the park from where the cool breeze blows. Mom and I would be with him as he gives thanks to the Lord for the blessing of another year in life.
       Yesterday, November 9, was both a happy and sad day as I remembered my beloved dad who passed away four years ago. Yesterday, it was only my mom and I who woke up early for Mass. Yesterday, it was only Mom and I who thanked the Lord for giving us 40 years with Dad.
       But I believe Dad also celebrated his special day in a different way. I believe he wore white for purity. Instead of Mass, I believe Dad is at the heavenly throne room, singing praises to God with the angels and saints.
       Dad may no longer be with us in this earthly life but I know he lives eternally in heaven. Praise the Lord, the God of the living, for to Him all are alive! Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (Psalm 23:6)
 
Lord, give me the grace to live a life worthy of spending eternity with You in heaven.
 
St. Leo the Great, pope and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive