A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Do you value intelligence, popularity, achievement and other mundane things over the gifts of the Holy Spirit? - Daily Bible Reflections November 14,2013


ON WISDOM

 
She is the refulgence of eternal light, the spotless mirror of the power of God, the image of his goodness. – Wisdom 7:26
 
“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
       I love this prayer. I was in college when I first heard it from my professor and, for some reason, I fell in love with its wisdom.
       When I was active in a Charismatic community, I would often ask the Lord for this particular gift of the Holy Spirit. I’ve read quite a number of biographies and autobiographies of saints and holy people. If there is anything common among several of them, it is wisdom. With gentle courage, they wouldn’t budge from the right thing to do.
       Using saints as my model, my formula of wisdom is: an active prayer life + total surrender to the Lord =  wisdom. That’s because on our own strength, power and resources, I’m convinced it is next to impossible to be wise. Cristy Galang (cristy_cc@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Do you value intelligence, popularity, achievement and other mundane things over the gifts of the Holy Spirit?
 
Lord Jesus, help us to tune in to Your Holy Spirit all the days of our life so that we may be endowed with wisdom and win the Father’s deep friendship.
 
St. Dyfrig, bishop, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive