A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Do you make an effort to know God’s voice better? - Daily Bible Reflections November 26,2013


THE RIGHT VOICE

 
“See that you not be deceived.” – Luke 21:8
 
I had the biggest crush on her, but I never actually met her. One day, my phone rang and her friend told me my crush wanted to speak to me. I got a sudden rush of excitement. “She wants to talk to me?!?!” But before I could piece that puzzle together, she said hello. We chatted for a few seconds, but it seemed like eternity. I couldn’t believe we were conversing for the first time! After a while, though, I started to hear giggling in the background. Then I realized her whole barkada was there. All of a sudden, the first girl who called me got the phone from my crush and laughingly apologized for the prank they had just pulled. I didn’t just have a conversation with my crush. She was someone else. I wept a bit, but I eventually got over it. After all, I was only in grade six.
       Why didn’t I recognize her voice? Well, because I never actually talked to her before. It’s the same in our spiritual life. When we lack familiarity with God’s voice, we tend to be fooled by what other voices tell us. We get misled. But there are many ways to know Him better: reading the Bible and supplementary readings, hanging out with good friends in the faith, spending time in prayer, and attending gatherings like The Feast. If we know Him, we will recognize His voice. And when we do, we can be led by His words of eternal life. George Tolentino Gabriel (george.svp@gmail.com)
 
 
Reflection: Do you make an effort to know God’s voice better?
 
Oh, I want to know You more. Deep within my soul, I want to know You. Lord, I want to know You. (Steve Green)
 
St. Catherine of Alexandria, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive