A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What blessings have you received recently? How are you thanking God for them? - Daily Bible Reflections September 4,2013


HAPPY TO SERVE

 
He stood over her, rebuked the fever, and it left her. She got up immediately and waited on them. – Luke 4:38
 
I had on-and-off fever with allergic rhinitis the week before the inauguration of the Feast Alabang Center.
       The Wednesday after that, I had a relapse. I prayed that my fever would leave by Saturday so I could serve on Sunday. But by 10:00 Saturday night, my temperature remained high. I texted Joey and Myrna, our Events heads, that I was still sick.
       My phone’s text alert chimed. Before reading the message, I cleared my nose. To my surprise, the congestion in my head flowed out freely. I had spent a week almost bursting my eardrums in futile attempts to expel the blockage.
       Joey’s reply gave me goosebumps: “May the most precious blood of Jesus wash away the cause of your fever. May God heal you right now. In Jesus’ name, we pray.” I realized the infection had been washed out at that instant.
       I gratefully proclaimed God’s healing as I served at The Feast the next day.
       Simon’s mother-in-law must have felt the same gratitude that’s why she immediately got up and waited on the Lord.  Service without hesitation is our humble way of showing appreciation for God’s mercies. Lella M. Santiago (mirellasantiago@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: What blessings have you received recently? How are you thanking God for them?
 
Thank You, Lord, for Your healing, for Your provisions, for Your love.
 
St. Rose of Viterbo, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive