A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - June 20,2013


BABBLING

 
“In praying, do not babble like the pagans, who think that they will be heard because of their many words.” – Matthew 6:7
 
In my service for the Lord as a worship leader, I often find myself praying publicly, leading people into God’s presence. But I have a confession to make.
       During my younger days, whenever I would lead people in worship or in prayer, I would always use highfaluting and complex words to make me appear spiritual and knowledgeable in the faith. Although some people would affirm me for my deep prayers, I knew I wasn’t that effective because I was only pleasing myself, not God.
       I still lead worship regularly, but now it’s different. Having matured in my walk with Christ, instead of praying to draw attention to myself, I now pray to draw attention to the One most worthy of our affection and devotion — God. With this, I’m glad to be simply used by God, for Him to bless His people in worship. I know now that it’s not about me; it’s all about Him.
           Underneath it all, God sees what’s in our hearts.
       Our intentions will determine whether our words and actions are worship or indulgence.
       Let’s worship God with our lives, in spirit and in truth. Mike Viñas (mikemichaelfcv@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: I’m coming back to the heart of worship and it’s all about You, it’s all about You, Jesus. (Matt Redman)
 
Lord, teach me to be sincere in my service and worship of You.
 
St. Paulinus of Nola, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive