A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - June 13,2013


PHOTOSHOP, ANYONE?

 
“I tell you, unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.” – Matthew 5:20
 
I used to edit a lifestyle magazine and the Photoshop technique came real handy when we had to correct photographs. With the graphics editing program developed by Adobe Systems Incorporated, you can easily erase a model’s wrinkles or smoothen her dress.
       One day, we were going to use a photograph of a foreign model for the cover of the magazine. To enhance the photo, the artist took a photo of a local model, cut out the body, and pasted it under the head of the foreign model.
       I okayed the layout and it was sent for proofing. When I saw the proof, I realized my big mistake. I wouldn’t want my head pasted on another woman’s body, would I? But if I changed the layout, I would be slapped with a P30,000-fine to pay for the cost of the press proofing.
       At the moment, one principle I’ve tried to live by nagged me: “Do what is right.” So I had the layout changed, and I paid the fine. Ouch.
       But now, as I reflect on today’s readings about doing the right thing, I smile and feel like patting myself on the shoulder. Cynthia U.Santiago (cusantiago@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: What teachings in today’s Gospel do you find hard to follow?
 
Lord, let Your love ease the pain of doing what is right.
 
St. Anthony of Padua, priest and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive