A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - May 6,2013

SILENCING THE NOISE

 
We went outside the city gate along the river where we thought there would be a place of prayer. — Acts 16:13
 
It was a sunny Saturday in September 2010. I found myself in Antipolo, together with some 90 people, hoping to spend the entire day to experience the Lord more intimately. My life had been an emotional rollercoaster for the past few months. A break from the inner turmoil was more than welcome. I needed to silence myself for a bit just so I could forget all the noise in my life. (Those who know how talkative I am can attest that this can be quite a feat.)
The silence felt good.
For five hours, it was just me and my God on a date, having a quiet conversation. It was an exchange of worries and assurances. I offered Him my worries and He assured me of His promises. He revealed to me how immense His love is, and however “unworthy” I felt, there was just no changing that love. At the end of the silent retreat, with eyes swollen from crying, I fully accepted that love.
What followed was overwhelming joy and gratitude to my God, who is with me at all times. Osy Erica (osy.erica@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Spend some quiet time with God today. You’ll never know what He will reveal to you.
 
With all the noise and chaos in my life, forgive me, Lord, for the times I neglect Your presence. Teach me to cling to You at all times and to rely only on Your infinite grace.
 
Sts. Marian and James, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive