A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - May 10,2013


DELAYED GRATIFICATION
 
“Amen, amen, I say to you, you will weep and mourn, while the world rejoices; you will grieve, but your grief will become joy.” – John 16:20
 
I don’t know how many times I got hurt when I was learning how to ride a bike as a young kid. I found it difficult but I didn’t want to give up. I knew that one day, I would be able to learn and enjoy a bike ride.
I’m glad I went along despite all the bruises I got. Because now I am able to enjoy bonding with my husband when we ride our bikes around the neighborhood.
There are things in life that we need to learn the hard way. Even Christ had to endure the most painful moments on the cross, yet He focused not on the pain but on the joy that awaited Him — the salvation of us all.
We are not spared from suffering. This is a painful reality that we must learn to embrace. But we must also remember that for every minute of pain, there is healing and renewed strength. For every challenge, there are discoveries and lessons learned. And for every sacrifice, there is always a reward.
So do not despair if you are going through a tough time. It’s not a problem but rather an opportunity for growth and maturity. Jane Gonzales-Rauch (mgr516@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Are your troubles causing you much grief? Don’t despair; soon it will be over. Just PUSH (Pray Until Something Happens).
 
Lord, turn my problems into opportunities for growth. Amen.
 
St. Damien of Molokai, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive