A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - May 14,2013


STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION

“It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you...” – John 15:16
As a recovering codependent, it is not easy for me to accept praise. There’s still a little voice in my subconscious that sometimes whispers that I don’t deserve what I get.
       For example, I received a letter from a priest friend today praising me for my work for the Lord. The first time I read it, I was teary-eyed and deeply touched. But after several readings, my questions of whether I deserved his compliment started coming. In my heart, I remember the times I had been insensitive, tactless, neglectful and other unforgettable faults. Sigh! I haven’t fully recovered from codependency, although I’d like to think I’m a lot better now than years ago.
       Jesus assures me in Scripture that He chose me. He affirms that it wasn’t I who unworthily puts on a robe of service with impure motives. Every time I think about this, a ray of healing takes place in my heart. In due time, as I repeatedly read this Word of His, I trust that I can fully accept how much Jesus really loves me — how much He reaches out to me, His chosen one. Cristy Galang (cristy_cc@yahoo.com)
Reflection: From 1 to 7, where 1 means “definitely not” and 7 means “yes, very much,” rate yourself with the question: Do I believe Jesus when He said “I chose you”?
I thank You, Jesus, for calling me to be Yours. It’s a great privilege to serve You. Heal me from my wounds that I may be whole and fully able to enjoy
Your love.
St. Matthias, Apostle, pray for us. Feast of St. Matthias, Apostle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive