A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, March 21, 2016

Jesus will ask: “When I was thirsty, did you give Me something to drink?” - Daily Bible Reflections March 21,2016


HOLY MONDAY
 
INTENTIONAL
DISCIPLESHIP
 
“To open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from confinement, and from the  dungeon, those who live in darkness!” – Isaiah 42:7
 
This young man was deaf and was desolate. His wife abandoned him for another man and left their four children with him. He had a drinking problem. Recently, he had an accident that required hipbone replacement. He was jobless and took financial support from his parents who lived in the US. He was directionless, apart from the directions his mother gave him via Skype.
       The parents asked me for help. He lived not too far from our house. For a couple of Sundays, I took the time to bring him and his kids to a weekly Catholic Sunday event called The Feast. After a few weeks, his mother happily told me that her son said, “I love you, Mama” — something he never said before.
       Last I heard, he was already employed in a company that hires the deaf and mute. I was elated and thanked God that He gave liberty to this young man, my nephew.
       Intentional discipleship bears fruit by bringing people out of the pits of life. Rolly España (rollyespana@homeliving.com.ph)
 
Reflection: Jesus will ask: “When I was thirsty, did you give Me something to drink?”
 
Jesus, let me see You in the next person who asks for my help. I pray that I do enough as the Spirit leads me.
 
Blessed John of Parma, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive