A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

April 8,2011
HIGH -TECH or low-Tech?

“Stop judging by appearances, but judge justly.“ – John 7:24

I lost my mobile phone so I borrowed an old phone that my husband, Ed, no longer used. I wasn’t sure if the phone had a roaming feature so I went into a store to inquire. The salesman said, “Nope, that phone is low-tech.” Ready to buy the phone I needed, I asked him for a high-tech one. He pointed at the phones in a glass case and attended to another customer. The guy snubbed me!
When I told Ed what happened, he said, “Maybe he thought you couldn’t afford the expensive one.” Aside from carrying a cheap phone, I was wearing an old T-shirt and denims. I bought the phone anyway but from another store with a salesman who apparently didn’t judge me by how I looked.
A few months after, we were at a black-tie event. We happened to be seated next to one of the richest men in the Philippines. I noticed we had the same phone. I told him, for a man of his stature, I thought he should have a much more expensive phone. But he said, “All I need is a phone with a roaming feature — like yours.”
Yes, as the Gospel today reminds us, we should be careful not to judge people by their appearance.Cynthia Santiago (boses2go@gmail.com)
8
REFLECTION:
What first comes to your mind when you look at the way people dress?

Lord, grant that I may see what’s good in every person I meet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive