A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

PLANT IN THE SPRING

Daily Bible Reflections
March 1, 2011

Give to the Most High as he has given to you, generously, according to your means. – Sirach 35:9

When I watched the replay of Manny Pacquiao’s victory over Ricky Hatton, I recalled the great quote by Jim Rohn. He said, “You must be good in either two things: planting in the spring or begging in the fall.”
From Monday to Saturday, Manny starts training from 5:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Manny is a winner because “he plants during spring.”
I am not Manny, but the stage is my ring. When it comes to my talks for The Feast, I “overtrain.” I read a ton of books just to give one single talk. For many days, I’d labor over it, crafting my message, selecting the right stories, choosing and re-choosing the right adjectives and adverbs, rehearsing my entire talk over and over again — until I can give my talk in my sleep.
Why do I “overtrain” in my talk preparation?
Because I love my audience.
Because they deserve the best.
Because I can’t give nothing than my best to God, the One who anointed me with the gift to preach.Bo Sanchez (bosanchez@kerygmafamily.com)

REFLECTION:
What’s your boxing ring? How can you overtrain to win for God?

Dearest Father, may I be like Your Son, Jesus, who gave nothing but the best for You in His life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive