A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, September 2, 2016

Do you serve God even when the going gets tough? - Daily Bible Reflections September 2, 2016

COMMIT, TRUST, ACT
 
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will act. – Psalm 37:5
 
       Committed servants fuel the growth of The Feast. Many serve God faithfully, but there are also volunteers who soon disappear into thin air. So I emphasize commitment when I interview recruits for Feast Alabang Media Ministry because it can get challenging, especially when service conflicts with work.
       I’m fortunate to serve with people like Mike, our managing editor, who embodies the virtue of commitment. Sometimes, I even tell him to lower his standards so his day job will not be jeopardized, but he’d say, “I’m doing this for the Lord. How can I not give my best?” Even when he lost his job because of too many sleepless nights spent on The Feast Bulletin, he and his wife, Kathy, continued to serve selflessly. When I’d feel like giving up on my service, their commitment shame me into staying.
      It took a while before Mike found another employment. They faced difficulties but their faith didn’t waver. Then recently, he was blessed with a job he likes where his experience in managing our bulletin is proving useful.
     Mike and Kathy committed themselves to the Lord, trusted Him through the trials and God acted by answering their prayers. Lella M. Santiago (lellams88@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Do you serve God even when the going gets tough?
 
Father God, I commit my services to You. I trust You will see me through all my trials. I believe You will act on my prayers in Your time.
 
Blessed John Francis Burté and Companions, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive