A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2016

What message is God whispering (again) to you today? - Daily Bible Reflections August 28, 2016

HEED THE MESSAGE
 
The mind of a sage appreciates proverbs, and an attentive ear is the wise man’s joy. – Sirach 3:28
 
       What recurring messages are being given to you? Maybe you are being asked to step up, to be healthier, to serve more, to reach out to someone. My father was being given a message as he struggled with his advancing age. From the eyes of my mom, her 70-year-old husband wasn’t as strong as before. When he made his usual uphill walk to our home in Baguio, he was short of breath.
         My mom knew that something was changing in the body of her aging husband. So she told Dad, “Tony, you should see the doctor.” My father retorted, “I am a doctor. I know better.”
          Then one day, my father missed a step and fell from the stairs. Mom called our family friend, Doc Sabrina, a young doctor whom we had known since she was a little girl.
          After examining Dad, Doc Sabrina said, “Tito, you should see the doctor.” This time, Dad heeded. Same message, different response.
         Sometimes in our life, we are given a message that we refuse to listen to. But every message has a purpose. Our Lord continues to send us messages in various forms. He knows what is best for us, and He is just waiting for us to listen. Edwin KaEdong Soriano (edwin@winningcoaching.net )
 
Reflection: What message is God whispering (again) to you today?
 
Lord, open my eyes, my ears and my heart to Your message today.
 
St. Augustine of Hippo, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive