A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

What can you do on a daily basis to deepen your commitment as a follower of Jesus? - Daily Bible Reflections August 9, 2016


NINETY-NINER
 
He rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not stray. – Matthew 18:13
 
       It looks like a harmless and stylish wristwatch, but it’s actually a device that tracks steps, distance and calories burned. My husband and I immediately wore it and started a bond that’s extremely difficult to break without feeling a sense of defeat. With the use of LED lights, it shows us how we stack up vis-a-vis a daily goal — steps, calories or distance. It automatically syncs the data to my laptop and smartphone, giving real-time access to our stats, 24/7. Knowing how close I am to reaching my goals gives me the motivation to reach for them and aim higher.
       If this is the kind of commitment that I am willing to make to my health, how much more can be expected of me as a follower of Jesus? On my own, it’s difficult. But by God’s grace, I have committed myself to be counted as one of the 99 who chose not to wander off. Faith lights up like the scoreboard on my wrist, challenging me to be more committed day after day. Mari Sison-Garcia (mari_sison_garcia@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: What can you do on a daily basis to deepen your commitment as a follower of Jesus?
 
Lord, give us the grace to get closer to our goal of attaining eternal life with You.
 
St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive