A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, August 19, 2016

“We forget to remain focused on the things that really matter. We forget to remain, at heart, children of God. That is sin: [to] forget at heart that we are children of God.” (Pope Francis) - Daily Bible Reflections August 19, 2016


LOVE FROM THE INSIDE
OUT
 
“The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” –Matthew 22:39
 
       Today is my grandmother’s birthday. My favorite bonding moment with her is when she massages my head while recounting random memories.
        I was lying on her lap one afternoon when she told me, “Do you know why I want you to be the emcee during reunions? It’s because your presence radiates and influences joy.”
       Her words melted my heart. Even before I could react, she con-tinued, “You must be really happy from within.”
       That day, I was reminded that our actions and reactions towards others reflect what’s going on inside us.
       Including love for ourselves. Sometimes we are so busy loving the whole world except the person that we see in front of the mirror. American preacher Joel Osteen once said, “God wasn’t having a bad day when He made you… If you don’t love yourself the right way, you can’t love your neighbor.”
      Loving ourselves presupposes loving others. It is only when we genuinely love who we are that we can extend sincere love to others. It’s the kind of love that glows from the inside out. Maymay R. Salvosa (cmaysalvosa@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “We forget to remain focused on the things that really matter. We forget to remain, at heart, children of God. That is sin: [to] forget at heart that we are children of God.” (Pope Francis)
 
Dearest Father, thank You for creating me the way I am. Open my heart to see my uniqueness.
 
St. John Eudes, priest, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive