A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

What is your image of Jesus? - Daily Bible Reflections April 15,2015


CORRECTING MY
IMAGE OF JESUS
 
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. – John 3:17
 
         I’m still on my journey of correcting my image of Jesus. Growing up, I imagined Jesus scolding the Apostles. He did say to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan.” And to think they were close. How hurtful, I thought.
         So it was difficult for me to think of Jesus as a friend. Sometimes I’d be scared that He’d get mad at me for being wrong. The result? I became the kind of God I worshipped. I was harsh on myself, waiting to commit a mistake so I could blame myself. This extended to how I treated the people around me.
       But Jesus came not to condemn me but to save me, love me, defend me, heal me. Today, I try to listen to more talks describing how loving Jesus is. Today, I try to be more sensitive to the faces of Jesus around me in compassionate and forgiving people. In friends who often ask for nothing in return.
       After all, even after three betrayals, Jesus didn’t return screaming mad at Peter. He didn’t even ask for an apology. In fact, He even trusted Peter to take care of His flock.
       Today, slowly and steadily, my relationship with Jesus is improving. Carlo Lorenzo (carloflorenzo@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: What is your image of Jesus?
 
Holy Spirit, help me strengthen and deepen my relationship with Jesus and help me see Him always as my merciful, compassionate and forgiving Lord and Savior.
 
Blessed Caesar de Bus, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive