A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What are you hungry for? How do you satisfy it? - Daily Bible Reflections April 21,2015


CRAVINGS
 
“Whoever comes to me will never hunger…” – John 6:35
 
       My blood sugar level is elevated and I’ve been taking maintenance medicine for it. So, for a few years now,  I’ve been trying to control my intake of sweets and starchy food.
         For some time, I was able to control it.
         No soda. No junk food. Less rice. Only fruits for breakfast.
         No dinner except vegetable juice.
         But then the busy season at work came too soon this year.
        We had a lot of company-wide activities that took some days off from work.
        My responsibilities at work increased.
         I received freelance jobs regularly.
        And the consequence?
        No more time to prepare good food at home.
        Less sleep.
        No time for exercise.
         Less time for prayer and reflection.
        And cravings, which I tried to satisfy with bad food, surfaced again.
        Deep within, I know what or who I’m hungry for — God. He’s the only One who can truly satisfy my cravings. Tess V. Atienza (theresa.a@shepherdsvoice.com.ph)
 
Reflection: What are you hungry for? How do you satisfy it?
 
Lord, grant me the grace to pause amidst the busyness of life. Help me to crave for You more and more.
 
St. Anselm, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive