A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Whatever God is asking you to do, trust that it will result into something spectacular even when it doesn’t make sense today. Do yourself a favor, give your yes - Daily Bible Reflections December 12, 2014


Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
 
A DREAM FULFILLED
 
But she was greatly troubled at what was said and pondered what sort of greeting this might be. – Luke 1:29
 
I loved being a TV reporter and pinch-hitter anchor. I was even blessed to do a report for CNN. Staying with the network was my ticket to make my dream of hosting my own TV show a reality one day.
       But in 2007, I heard God speak to me through my prayer time, Bible reading and circumstances. “Resign and don’t plan.” What?!
       Mary was greatly troubled too when the angel told her she would have a baby even though she was a virgin. That didn’t make sense to her as well. But she gave her yes immediately.
       It took me two disturbed years before I finally resigned. It was painful. I lost my identity. I was a news person; who was I now?
       But God was changing me. I had to lose my job for the Lord to make me see that I had worshiped a different god in my heart — my work. I’d skip Mass, birthdays and prayer time for my job.
       God realigned my priorities. Everything started making sense. I found peace.
       Then, the impossible happened. I was offered a TV show. Just like that. God was faithful even when I wasn’t.
       Hosting this show is a temporary blessing. I have something permanent — the Giver of the blessing. Carlo Lorenzo (carloflorenzo@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: Whatever God is asking you to do, trust that it will result into something spectacular even when it doesn’t make sense today. Do yourself a favor, give your yes.
 
Lord, help our hearts find extreme joy and peace in putting You first.
 
Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive