A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

We Christians are called to testify to the Light. Be John the Baptist to someone who needs hope today - Daily Bible Reflections December 14,2014



Third Sunday of Advent
 
CANDICE
 
He came for testimony, to testify to the light, so that all might believe through him. – John 1:7
 
Candice asked me if I had kids. I told her I didn’t have any, and that my husband and I are having difficulty conceiving. She must have seen the discouraged look on my face because she started speaking of good things to uplift my spirits.
       What kind of things? She spoke passionately about the love of God, about keeping the faith in His divine providence, and about patience for His timing.
       Candice’s testimony reminded me that God knows my heart’s desires and that I should appreciate the blessings that come our way while waiting for that gift from heaven. She even said that ours was not a chance encounter, that there was a purpose for our meeting. I believed so, too.
       Candice was my John the Baptist that day. Who was she? An African-American woman who stepped out of their house to say hello to my husband and me when we checked out a car that her brother was selling. I may never see her again, but I will definitely remember her and her precious words. Nova Arias-Sevilla (nova.svp@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: We Christians are called to testify to the Light. Be John the Baptist to someone who needs hope today.
 
Jesus, my Lord, let my mouth speak of Your love and mercy all the days of my life.
 
St. John of the Cross, priest and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive