A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

“What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action.” (Meister Eckhart) - Daily Bible Reflections July 23,2014


GOOD SOIL
 
“Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop — a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.” – Matthew 13:8
 
       The first time I visited Guimaras Island was in 2007. I was amazed at how prolific mango trees grew in the orchards on this 8,000-hectare arable land. Known as “mango country,” Guimaras produces mangoes that are some of the sweetest and purest (pest-free) in the world. They have been served in the White House and Buckingham Palace. Thanks to the island’s fertile soil and balmy weather, mangoes are harvested all year round. Imagine a single mango tree that yields up to 2,000 kilos of fruits in its lifetime. Now imagine 400,000 mango trees that produce a total of 20 million kilos of fruits!
       I pray I could be like the good soil in Guimaras. I pray that through proclaiming God’s Word in print media, I may be able to help Him harvest countless souls so that His love may bear fruit in their lives. By His grace, I am able to touch lives one reader at a time today. That is why I continue to pray, read and contemplate on the daily readings, go to Mass at least thrice a week, seek support and prayers from my prayer group, and receive the sacraments — that the Lord may continue to enrich and nourish the “soil” that is me. Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action.” (Meister Eckhart)
 
Lord of the Harvest, help me to be good soil where the seed of faith can grow and bear fruit.
 
St. Bridget, religious, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive