A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

In what ways can you help in harvesting people for God’s Kingdom? - Daily Bible Reflections July 8,2014


A PROMISE IS
A PROMISE
 
The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few. – Matthew 9:37
 
       I was with a group of young women having a weekend search-in at the Camillian Sisters’ formation house in Antipolo. I was there because after my Holy Land pilgrimage, I felt I wanted to give my whole life to God.
       At the end of the two-day retreat, we had varying realizations. I realized I didn’t have an authentic call to the religious life. I sat on the grass and I mused about how I would proceed with my life. At that point, I made a solemn promise to God: that even if He didn’t call me to the religious life, I will help others find their vocation.
          It was a promise that was to be fulfilled in various ways.
       In early 2000, I wrote for Rogate Ergo, the vocations promotion magazine of the Rogationist Fathers in the Philippines. For a semester, I taught human development to seminarians and sisters. For a while, I gave support to a seminarian in a seminary within our village.
       Now that I am back as a contributing writer for Rogate Ergo Asia, I remember that promise I made a long time ago.
       It’s not yet finished — for the harvest is abundant but the laborers are few. Tess V. Atienza (svp_tvatienza@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: In what ways can you help in harvesting people for God’s Kingdom?
 
Send me, Lord, where the harvest is.
 
St. Gregory Grassi and Companions, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive