A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

“It is well to give when asked, but it is better to give unasked, through understanding; and to the open-handed the search for one who shall receive is joy greater than giving.” - Daily Bible Reflections February 23,2014


GENEROUS WITH
GOD’S GENEROSITY
 
“Give to the one who asks of you, and do not turn away from the one who borrows from you.” – Matthew 5:42
 
God’s prolific giving always amazes me. I’ve been at the receiving end of His generosity, shown through people who have given to me of their time, talent and resources.
       One of the most memorable generous deeds I received was from my friend Irma. When she heard about our family’s financial woes, she gave me a check, the amount of which enabled me to pay for an outstanding debt. She told me that she had sensed from the Lord that she should give me that specific amount and immediately did as she was told, out of obedience to Him and her desire to help me.
       The generosity shown to me by both God and man is my motivation to be generous to others, too. While I am a woman of simple means, still I trust that the moment someone asks and I decide to give, God blesses my giving. I trust Him to provide for my needs as I strive to also help those in need. I trust that I can be generous with His generosity.
       After all, everything that I have is from our generous Father. He began the unending cycle of giving and I just do my best to “pay it forward.” Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “It is well to give when asked, but it is better to give unasked, through understanding; and to the open-handed the search for one who shall receive is joy greater than giving.” (Kahlil Gibran)
 
Lord, teach me to be generous. Teach me to serve You as I should. To give and not to count the cost… knowing that I do Your most holy will.
 
St. Polycarp, bishop and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive