A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

God’s heart breaks when you get hurt. His heart leaps for joy and excitement in your times of victory - Daily Bible Reflections February 15,2014

INTERESTED AND
INVOLVED
 
“My heart is moved with pity for the crowd...” – Mark 8:2
 
Last December, I was with my staff having a Christmas dinner. During the meal, someone suggested that we go to a nearby videoke bar. Everyone was game.
       So after dinner, we sang our hearts out. Not long after, at 11 p.m., my phone rang. It was my mom calling her grown-up son, concerned for my whereabouts.
       Initially, a part of me was slightly irritated as I felt I was too old to be getting phone calls like that. But honestly, a bigger part of me was touched by her genuine concern. I felt cared for and valued by her simple gesture of checking up on me (even if I was already 25 and a boss at the office). I felt loved.
       I believe God is the same. He is not a distant I-am-up-here-and- I-couldn’t-care-less God. He is a loving Father — interested and involved. He thinks of us, cares for us, and understands us like no other. We have a God whose heart is moved out of concern for our complete welfare. He knows what we’re going through and desires the very best for us. Mike Viñas (mikemichaelfcv@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: God’s heart breaks when you get hurt. His heart leaps for joy and excitement in your times of victory. When you think He’s distant, remember that you’re always on His mind.
 
Father, thank You for having a heart for me.
 
St. Claude la Colombiere, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive