A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

Have you completely renounced all occult practices and only rely on God’s goodness and mercy? - Daily Bible Reflections June 20,2016


WHERE DO YOU PUT
YOUR FAITH?
 
They venerated other gods. – 2 Kings 17:7
 
       Decades ago, I’d always check the horoscope to see how my day would turn out. It wouldn’t hurt to check, right? I didn’t realize how wrong I was. Eventually, I stopped because I found it too farfetched that people with the same zodiac sign will all have the same luck.
       Only after a priest explained how the horoscope was a replacement for God did I realize how subtly the devil had worked in my life then.
       Unknowingly, I had put my faith on something other than God. Feng shui, anting-anting or amulets, ouija board, spirit of the glass, fortune-telling with cards, crystal balls, palm reading and even your mole, and other occult practices fall in the same category as horoscopes. They all undermine our faith in God’s providence and protection. Instead of relying on God, we put our trust in these. It’s tantamount to idolatry.
       Do you still serve any of these false gods by relying on them? Stop now and confess. And put your faith solely in the One True God. Jun Asis (mabuting.balita@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Have you completely renounced all occult practices and only rely on God’s goodness and mercy?
 
Lord, in You alone I put my faith. Into Your hands, I place my life. Do with it as You please.
 
St. Paulinus of Nola, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive