A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.” (Mahatma Gandhi) - Daily Bible Reflections March 17,2015


POOR CONDITION OF
THE POOR
 
with five porticoes. In these lay a large number of ill, blind, lame, and crippled. – John 5:2-3
 
       I remember my experience of being confined in the economy ward of a government hospital many years ago. At the OB-Gyne ward, there were more patients than beds. In my room, there were two beds. I lay on one bed while two maternity patients shared the other one. So when a mother who had just delivered twins was assigned to our room, I offered my bed and sat on a chair as I waited for the schedule of the operation for my myoma.
       My siblings, co-parishioners and other friends who visited me felt so much pity for the plight of these poor patients. It was the first time they encountered two patients in one bed.
       Eventually, I transferred to another hospital. With friends, family and connections, I wasn’t really that poor and could afford to move to a better facility. But the other patients lying there can only run to Jesus to help them as the people in the Gospel did.
       Yes, Jesus is more than enough, but He’d want those of us who can help to do so. We only need to open our eyes to know what others need and open our hearts to do what we can. Cristy Galang (cristy_cc@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: “There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.” (Mahatma Gandhi)
 
At Your service, Lord, if there is anything I can do to help better the poor condition of the poor. Bless You for being there for them. Amen.
 
St. Patrick, bishop, patron of Ireland and Nigeria, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive