A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Are you living as though you’re a heavenly citizen or are you too much a part of the world? - Daily Bible Reflections March 9,2015

WE’RE TOURISTS
 
Jesus said, “Amen, I say to you, no prophet is accepted in his own native place…” – Luke 4:24
 
       The mother of a Filipina visited New Zealand. It was hot, so she automatically got her umbrella and flicked it open. Her daughter was embarrassed and kept on whispering, “Mom, they don’t do that here. Please keep your umbrella.”
       I had a similar experience with regards to witnessing to my faith. When I was much younger and before I had a personal conversion to Christ, I was too embarassed to make the sign of the cross and say grace whenever I’d eat in a public place.
       But we are simply tourists passing through this place called Earth. We have no reason to be ashamed if our ways are different from the rest of the world. For we are citizens of heaven. Our ways should not be their ways for we are from a different “land.” Joy Sosoban-Roa (jsosoban@gmail.com)
 
Reflection: Are you living as though you’re a heavenly citizen or are you too much a part of the world?
 
Jesus, please help me to live each day faithfully for You.
 
St. Frances of Rome, religious, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive