A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - February 6,2013


A KING WHO BELIEVES IN ME
 
Endure your trials as “discipline.” – Hebrews 12:7
 
I was asked long ago how one should face the many trials we encounter in the world. As we all know, being a Christian is not a bed of roses. I answer the question through a poem I wrote entitled “Bravery”:
Ahead of me is a battle
Created for me to fight
Thousands of foes will attack
I will be hit, they won’t be light
My face will touch the ground
My spirit will shout in pain
But my trembling knees won’t give up
I will not die in vain
For inside me is a great desire
To finish the battle within
Though wounded, I will stand up
I must conquer, I must win
I do this not for my sake
Nor for arrogance or pride
But for a King who believes in me
Who knows that I could fall, but will not hide.
I still use this poem to remind me that I should press forward, even in the midst of trials and failures, because I have a King who believes in me. Emmanuel Calayan (emmanuel_calayan@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: How is the Lord disciplining you right now?
 
Lord, thank You for disciplining me that I may share in Your holiness.
 
Sts. Paul Miki and Companions, martyrs, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive