A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Daily Bible Reflections - February 10,2013


YES, LORD!
 
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send?” “Here I am,” I said, “Send me!” – Isaiah 6:8
 
I remember my first service for the Lord. I held the light for the cameraman covering a prayer event and followed him wherever he went. It was a big deal because: 1) it was a privilege to do God’s work and honor Him; 2) I was the one chosen among many; and 3) I said yes!
Unfortunately, not all respond as enthusiastically as I did. Some are fearful, falsely believing they are not skilled or talented enough. Many are too busy and do not have time to engage in ministry work. Worse, there are those who are indifferent, claiming that serving God is not for them.
Matthew 22:14 says, “For many are called, but few are chosen.” I believe few are chosen because few respond to God’s call. The Lord invites us to have an intimate relationship with Him, and this includes serving Him in whatever capacity He calls us to.
The service could be as simple as being a greeter in your community event, or leading the prayer in your caring group.
The key is availability, not ability. Once you say yes to God’s call to serve, He will honor you and use you mightily for other works. Erwin Roceles (erwin_roceles@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: When the opportunities to serve the Lord present themselves, will you have an excuse or are you ready to be used?
 
Lord, I make myself available to You. Use me as You please. Bless me with the skills and gifts I will need and empower me with Your Spirit. Amen.
 
St. Scholastica, virgin, pray for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive