A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

March 25, 2011
Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord

SOMETHING ABOUT MARY

Mary said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word.” – Luke 1:38

A boy from the Kids Ministry handed me a picture and asked, “Tito, where is Mama Mary in this picture of the Last upper?” “Hmmm… I guess she’s not there,” I replied. “She’s there! She’s a mom and follows Jesus anywhere!” he insisted. The kid was a theologian! “I give up!” I said. He replied, “She took the picture.”
Makes sense. Mary as a mom is willing to work behind the stage. She’s the wind beneath Jesus’ and our wings. Let’s use the acronym M-A-R-Y to spell that out:
Mary is Ministering. After the Annunciation, she visited her cousin Elizabeth and served her. Mary just loved to serve. Mary is Affectionate. She loved God, prayer, God’s Word, silence, meditation, people, Jesus… the list is unending.
Mary is Responsive. Obedience delayed is disobedience. Upon receiving the angelic message, she prevailed over internal obstacles (her pregnancy) and outer obstacles (the hill country of Judah), just to obey the Lord.
Mary is Yielding. She had forgone the call to virginity and accepted Motherhood for Jesus; comfort for service; silent contemplation to passionate praises in her Magnificat. Obet Cabrillas (kpreacherobet@gmail.com)

REFLECTION:
Is my devotion to Mama Mary a fanaticism or imitation?

Mother of Christ, I’ll pass the stormy sea... When the tempest is o’er, you will stand on the shore. And show Him at last to me. (Mother of Christ song)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive