A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections

February 28, 2011

21st CENTURY MARTYRS

“For man it is impossible but not for God.”– Mark 10: 27

Evangelizing Muslims is an “impossible task” in the eyes of several Christians I’ve talked with. Statistics I’ve read show little effort to bring the Gospel to our Muslim brothers.
In my six years of active parish ministry, we have only one case of baptism of a Muslim convert.
“Is the spread of Islam unstoppable? Are Muslims unreachable?” So concludes the introduction of the book, A Friend of Ishmael. The book narrates the episodes of Christians who had the passion to introduce Jesus Christ to our Muslim brothers. They are modern-day saints and martyrs who “dared to take the Gospel of Jesus Christ into the heart of radical Muslim” in Afghanistan, Iraq, Cyprus, Sudan and the Philippines.
Many of them suffered imprisonment and died as martyrs. But they succeeded in bringing the love of Jesus to them and organizing Christian churches among Muslims.
What seems impossible is not impossible after all! Not by men but through His Spirit!Cristy Galang (cristy_cc@yahoo.com)
28
REFLECTION:
How much passion do I have in bringing Jesus to others? Do I shy away from evangelizing them?

Free me, Lord, from a lukewarm spirit. Mold me and use me to bring Your love to others especially to those whom I tend to think are impossible to minister to. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive