A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

When you’re generous in sharing your gifts without expecting anything in return, you leave God to recompense you with His abundance - Daily Bible Reflections November 16, 2016


TRUSTED ONE
 
“Well done, good servant! You have been faithful in this very small matter; take charge of ten cities.” – Luke 19:17
 
       As the only representative of the Philippines in the Asian federation of extreme sports, I was tasked to organize a technical committee to choose team members for an upcoming championship. I invited some of my friends who were pillars of the sport, but only a few were willing to give their services without monetary compensation.
       That’s why Mike stood out. I told him we wouldn’t get anything from this event aside from the prestige of bringing the team to represent our country. He said he was willing to help without pay. What he said stuck in my mind because I like people who work with passion and not for money.
       So when I was asked to give a recommendation for an international official for the biggest Asian Extreme Sports event in Thailand, I gave Mike’s name. I was confident that he could do the job since I had found him faithful in small matters.
       Mike, the team and I flew to Phuket and represented our country in the tournament. He was even given a five-figure honorarium for his services as an international official and is still being tapped to officiate in local and foreign events. Monty Mendigoria (montymendigoria@yahoo.com)
 
Reflection: When you’re generous in sharing your gifts without expecting anything in return, you leave God to recompense you with His abundance.
 
Lord, let Your goodness flow through me. Make me a channel of blessings for others. Amen.
 
St. Margaret of Scotland, pray for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive