A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Is there anything that you are praying for fervently? Let go and let God - Daily Bible Reflections February 4, 2016


NEW YORK, NEW YORK!
 
“Take courage...” – 1 Kings 2:2
 
       Will I be denied again, just like I was 20 years ago?
       If it were up to me, I wouldn’t apply for a US visa again and subject myself to a possible rejection. Besides, the New York trip would happen in May, at the peak of production of our annual devotional books.
      But deep in my heart, I heard God tell me, “I am in control, don’t worry.” Still, I didn’t want to raise my hopes too high. When my office mates would tell me I was sure to get it, I’d always say, “It’s up to God.”
       Even up to the time I was walking to the consul’s window, I was telling God, “Lord, let Your will be done. If it’s Your will that I go and if the trip will benefit the company, then I’ll go. If not, then it won’t matter much to me.”
       I was that detached. I just prepared the documents needed. I wanted God to manifest His will, minus any desire on my part. And God made His will known.
       After a few questions, the lady consul said, “Congratulations! Your visa is granted!”
       So off to New York I went, and it was an awesome experience that, God-willing, will open the doors of Shepherd’s Voice Publications to international business. Tess V. Atienza (theresa.a@shepherdsvoice.com.ph)
 
Reflection: Is there anything that you are praying for fervently? Let go and let God.
 
Lord, Your will is my desire. Let me know it and I’ll follow. Amen.
 
St. Joseph of Leonissa, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive