A collection of inspirational words, stories, experiences, bible reflections, quotes and more.Get inspired and be Blessed!

Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections - June 1, 2012


Thanksgiving on Credit
 
“Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours.” – Mark 11:24
 
Over the years, I’ve been changing how I pray. As I get older, more and more, I ask out of deep trust, not out of extreme anxiety. Because of this, most of my prayers are now grateful prayers.
I love thanking God for what He has given me and for what He will give to me. So when I need something, I now usually say, “Thank You for giving it to me.”
If I feel sick, instead of asking, “Lord, heal my sickness,” I say, “Thank You, Lord, for healing me, making me strong and healthy in body, soul and spirit.”
If I need P2.2 million for our ministry, instead of asking, “Lord, I’m desperate, please give me money,” I say, “Thank You that I now have more than P2.2 million flowing to me for our ministry’s projects.”
Praying in this way is beautiful. And usually, this kind of asking comes with something else: action. To me, prayer and action are one. Both are fueled by God’s love.
When you ask with deepened trust, you’ll also act in deepened trust. Not driven by panic, or worry, or anger. Then things will fall into place. You create your miracles. Bo Sanchez (bosanchez@kerygmafamily.com)
1
REFLECTION:
How do you pray? Is it with gratitude and trust, or with panic and worry?
 
Grant me the right disposition when praying, Lord.
 
St. Justin, martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learn How To Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive